Do I Need Car Rental Insurance Online?
Auto insurance for rental cars is primarily designed to protect vehicles on rent in the event of them getting stolen or damaged for whatsoever reasons. It is desirable to buy such type of policies when you are thinking of securing a car on lease as there is always a remote possibility of an accident or collision involving the rented vehicle.
Get The Best Rental Car Insurance Quote In 3 Easy Steps Online
4 Different Types Of Cheap Car Rental Insurance Coverage That You Can Buy
- Loss or collision damage waiver – This type of coverage pays costs if rental car gets stolen, is vandalized or suffers damages due to accident.
- Liability/supplemental liability insurance – Such coverage pays costs for damages caused to other person’s vehicle or property because of an accident involving insured rental car. The cover may also cover medical expenses incurred by driver of other car and fellow passengers for treatments post an accident involving insured rental car if you are at fault.
- Personal accident insurance cover – This coverage feature type pays costs for medical bills incurred by driver and fellow passengers inside the rental car towards treatment of bodily injuries suffered as a result of an accident involving the rental car.
- Personal effects insurance coverage – Such a cover will reimburse costs for personal belongings or items that get stolen or damaged inside the rental car.
Start with Your Zip Code to Compare Quotes
How Do I Know Whether My Personal Car Insurance Covers Rental Vehicle?Coverage of an existing personal auto insurance policy can be extended to cover a rental vehicle if you are not going to use it for business purposes. Here is some vital information relating to what all may be covered under your current car insurance policies.
- Repairing charges for rental car
- Towing charges for carrying rental car to repair shop or rental location
- Financial losses caused to Rental Company while their vehicle is being repaired
- Loss incurred by the rental company if car loses market worth post an accident
- Reimbursement of deductible amount as well as fees to the rental company
Here’s What You Need To Check Before Buying An Insurance Coverage On Rental Cars?
Determine the amount of coverage you have
If you are using a rented car for recreation or business and not for your business then coverage and deductible in your existing car insurance policy will automatically apply to the rental vehicle.
Make sure that administrative fee and towing charges covered
Find out if your insurer will pay or has a rider in policy for additional fees.
You must have comprehensive collision cover
Check whether your current auto insurance cover has comprehensive collision coverage features. If not, it is advisable to buy them to get complete protection for your rental cars.
Rental car insurance benefits normally serve as secondary
Insurance coverage on rental cars usually kicks in only after personal auto insurance or the rental company’s car coverage has been used.
Know that benefits are likely to vary from company
Insurance coverage and levels of benefits provided on bank credit cards will be different from that offered by auto insurance companies.
Advantages of insurance are generally secondary
These may also vary depending on the type of credit cards provided by various banks. You might have to verify that with banks that have issued cards and get it in writing.
Benefits Of Personal Car Insurance Over Car Rental Insurance Cover
- Using personal car insurance may be a cheaper option than buying auto insurance rental coverage if it covers rental vehicles. You will not have to spend extra dollars on rental car insurance.
- You already have a good relationship with your current personal auto insurance provider and so, settling any claims will be relatively easier. If you buy rental car insurance separately then you might have to deal with car rental insurance company.
- With your personal car insurance policy covering rental vehicles, it is possible to save money and time on preparing paperwork required for insuring a rental car with another new insurer.
FAQ of your Auto Rental Insurance
Protect your finances before driving a rental car with insurance that can give full peace of mind!
Yes. If you get insurance for rental car then it will only cover rented vehicle. On the other hand, rental reimbursement policy is an optional coverage that can be purchased on existing policy.
It is mandatory to have valid driver’s license and insurance coverage for driving personal or rental car legally on road, so, when renting a car, you must purchase insurance if you don’t have regular policy.
When your rental vehicle meets with an accident, contact the rental company to know whether the car is covered. Also get in touch with your personal/ car rentals insurance provider to learn about the claim filing process.
Well, it could depend on how have got your rental car covered. It can be personal car insurance, temporary car coverage or rental/travel insurance company. Contact the insurer over phone to get started with the claim filing process.
Yes. If you are having personal car insurance policy, it is likely that it will also cover a rental vehicle. But if you don’t have a personal car cover then it is better to buy a separate rental cars insurance policy.